[pct-l] Reminder: John Muir House Tour, Hike and BBQ - Sunday, February 27 - Martinez CA

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 00:54:03 CST 2011

You've found me out.  Damn I'm not only really sick with a bad case of CHD,
I'm also a hopeless "Muir Missionary."  He was totally nuts in some ways, a
John the Baptist of the wilderness, but his writings changed the world.  And
the trails we love are preserved in large part because so many in our nation
actually listened to him.  Maybe to only a part of his message, but it was
enough to save wilderness like no other developed nation on earth.

And then there's the wine.  Pretty darn good for home brew.  Picking,
crushing and bottling is all part of the fun of living in "California's
original wine country."

The invite stands to any thru hikers, wanna be thru's, groupie thru's, or
lovers of trail anywhere, to give me a holler if you're in the SF area, and
have a day to kill.  If I'm here, great.  The Muir house is kind of a holy
spot for hikers and lovers of wilderness.

Shroomer