[pct-l] Kelty Cosmic Down

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 17:48:46 CST 2011

I guess it's subjective... But that weight is significant IMHO...

My wife and I share a double sized bag that is good to 20f and weighs 2 ounces less than that which is for just one person...

... If you are going to use 550 fill down you would probably be better off going for a synthetic like the north face cats meow... Within a few ounces.  Or a PG Delta product...

Our bag is 900+ fill down from featherred friends... 20 ounces of the stuff... Not cheap but damn good quality.

Sewing your own bag is probably the best way to save huge weight, btw... A cave man can do it and you can have an equivalent product for 22 ounces or less... Perhaps 18 oz if you went all out and disregarded price.

That said kelty products have all held up and performed well form me... Just too heavy for a thru imho...

~Outpost

Sent from my iPod