[pct-l] Section hiker needs advice

David Mason Bigdave at bigdavemason.com
Fri Feb 18 11:53:05 CST 2011

Subject: Section hiker needs advice

So I'm turning 50 in June and am planning a 100 mile ten day stroll on the
PCT as an alternative to getting a Porsche and a trophy wife. I'm looking
for advice as to which section of the PCT I should enjoy. Here are my
criteria-

1.       Must have trees - I'm a Hammock Guy

2.       Must allow dogs- Red Rover is my hiking partner

3.       The closer to San Diego the better

4.       A road crossing or two who be great (Resupply)

I was planning Wrightwood to Agua Dulce but alas the Station fire detour has
caused me to reconsider.

Lastly, I'd consider trails other than the PCT, esp if I could do a loop.

Shaka Zulu