[pct-l] Lunar Solo

Sevenon7th@yahoo.com sevenon7th at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 19:56:58 CST 2011

I will speak up on behalf of the Lunar Solo.... I LOVE THIS TENT!!!!

I bought this in 2005 for a thru-hike of the PCT and it worked fabulously, in
spite of me setting it on fire (D'oh)
and getting the zipper clogged with dirt (Ron Moak kindly offered to replace the
zipper pulls, which promptly fixed
the problem.   Perfect size... I can almost sit up in it... and it has enough
room for me and all my gear (even my dog sometimes).
No single walled shelter is going to be bullet proof in the rain, but this one
is as good as any other. (no double walled shelter is bullet proof in saturating
rain for that matter).   Bathtub floor and full bug net means sweet reprieve
from the blood suckers (mossies)... and it even kept the slugs off in
Washington!

2005 I probably slept close to 180 nights in this tent....
many uses in between....
2009..... I slept close to  80 nights in the same tent.... Holding up remarkably
well, especially since I have beat it into the ground!

Ron is a stand-up guy and he is usually at the hiker gatherings so you can pick
his brain....

AWESOME TENT.... can't go wrong...

Splash
PCT Sobo 2005