[pct-l] Superfeet and Ponchos

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Thu Feb 17 17:04:18 CST 2011

I tried superfeet and couldn't figure out what all the fuss was
about. They appear to be nothing more than a piece of hard plastic
and some very thin foam. And they charge how much for it? I thought I
could do as well or better to protect my feet from rocks by just
cutting a section of plastic out of a milk jug and sticking that in
my shoe.

I've gone more minimal since my hike, making my own shoes that have
no molded foot-bed, no inches of EVA foam, no raised heel or arch
support, no tapered shape at the toebox to blister my outer toes and
deform my feet. I can hike just fine in simple footwear.

Diane