[pct-l] Superfeet and Ponchos

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 10:40:58 CST 2011

I should have mentioned in my post that many folks love superfeet, and swear
by them.  It was late when I finally got to email.  For me however, after
years of hard training and lots of pack trips and no PF, it was clear that
putting them in my shoes caused an injury, as they were the only thing
different in my routine.  The stretching is very important, and calf
machines that allow you to really strengthen the foot.  Once they had flared
up however, I think the distances and the mileage on trail would not let
them really heal properly.  It was still worth hiking the trail anyway.  The
real surprise has been the almost instant relief I got from taking out all
the pads and arch support from my shoe two weeks ago.  We'll see if it
lasts, but I sure hope so.  I'm running and hiking on flat shoes and it
feels great.

Shroomer