[pct-l] Jardine and the Backpack Hip Belt

Don Amundson amrowinc at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 10:49:04 CST 2011

When I got pack weight down to 25# max fully loaded I stopped using my hip belt and haven't looked back since.  I hated having weight on my hips and often had neck and back pain. Interesting how people around the world who carry loads for survival or work get by without hipbelts. I have worked hard to strengthen my back, shoulder and neck muscles which certainly helps as does the fit of my pack and shoulder straps to my body.  I have also stopped using my sternum strap. I know with some people their packs would fall off doing this but I never had that problem. Nor does my pack bounce around when I hike (no I don't run with it). I think it is worth a try.

Still Lookin