[pct-l] Hiking Disorder....CHD vs MHD

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Tue Feb 15 09:12:08 CST 2011

Now,  Now,  Now, Patti....I mean Peppermintpatti....I mean Sugar Mama,
Relax,....you do not want to trigger a relapse, do you?
Getting all exited when the urge arises is the worst thing you can do.
Lie down,....relax,....go to sleep,....go to sleep,....go to sleep.....

Now,  feeling better?....Good.
Patti,  judging by your outburst and your behavior you most likely
suffered a mild  "MHD"  relapse.
A   "CHD"  relapse usually results in the victim just grabbing his pack
and going for a hike on impulse, for no explainable reason.

Be sure to take your medication daily and go for long walks to prevent
relapses.
No,  you do not have to carry your pack if you are only going for a long
walk in the neighborhood park.....but it is more effective if you do
wear your pack.
Yes,  wearing your hiking boots  Gortex rain gear and bandana will also
help.
And yes, carrying your trekking poles while going for your walks in your
neighborhood park will certainly help

JMT Reinhold
Dr. of Moronic Disorders