[pct-l] Food storage

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 21:22:51 CST 2011

JOMIKE, What was the result?  Did critters get into your food in OpSaks that had
some food smells on the outside?  All I did was take care, especially while
sealing the sacks.  Once, at one of my caches (buried) something had nipped the
sack ( a little bite about 1/2" long) outside the zipper.  It did not get inside
the sack and the sack was still reuseable.  I tried to keep my hands clean
before sealing but I never used alcohol pads.  I have never lost any food stored
in an OpSak. I have lost horse feed stored in Food-Saver bags.  That happened at
my cache south of Beldon Town. I lost about 30 pounds.  After that I stored
the Food Saver bags inside OpSaks.
MendoRider