[pct-l] Risk of becoming a trail fatality

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Feb 14 19:41:45 CST 2011

Melanie writes: I don't have a trail name yet but I think it would be cool to have a "Pirate Name".  If I take up this raiding and plundering innocent hikers can I get a pirate name?  Give me some advice here.
Switchback the Trail Pirate replies: Yes, you are so right.  A PCT trail name is a very scared and sensitive decision.  This reminds me of the movie Animal House and getting a pledge name from Bruno.  I remember fondly when I pledged at USC for a fraternity.  I was Pledge Class President.  I think my pledge name was Buffalo Chip or Toe Jam or something like that.  I can't remember, since it was over 40 years ago.

Let's see now.  What should your PCT trail name be?  How about these for consideration:
---- Buccaneer's Winch
---- Cruel Temptation
---- Switchback's Executioner
---- Walker De Plank