[pct-l] Beans!

Sam Griffin samgriffin4 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 23:46:12 CST 2011

Someone recently posted something about rehydrating beans with cold water.
I've done this before at home, but it took a loooong time (12+ hours) for
the beans to get all good and softlike. That said, is something done to the
beans beforehand, or do you just toss them in a ziplock in your food bag and
wait until camp/dinner spot, giving them only 6-8 hours to hydrate. Not a
huge deal, but I feel like beans prepared in this manner would be a good
addition to my menu. Or maybe I'm planning to eat mass amounts of black-eyed
peas. All the time. Haven't really decided.

Thanks again!

--Sam Griffin