[pct-l] Food storage in non-bear areas

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 13:29:37 CST 2011

Just for another data point.

Outside of when I used a bear canister I pretty much slept with my food
every night on the PCT.  Never had a problem with any critters.  Maybe I'm
just lucky, but I usually camped where others had not.  I don't recommend
people sleep with there food.  But I do it a lot.

On the AT the only time I had an issues with the critters was when food was
bear bagged.  For me the squirrels/chipmunks are scarier than the bears.
 They just love that bag of food hoisted up into their habitat.

Day-Late