[pct-l] AZDPCTKO

Ann Marie dbanmrkr at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 16:16:53 CST 2011

If you are stressing about the Kickoff, just stop. Everyone who is a thru-hiker will be accommodated in some fashion( pre-registered or walkup or showup.). Just remember to register beforehand, which is simply common courtesy so the organizers know how many to feed. It you are a section hiker (like me) or simply a spectactor, then just register beforehand. It's simple - fill out the online form, say how long you are staying, and how many cars. They have not yet opened the online registration - it takes time but it will soon be publicized. You'll be assigned a camp site with lots of other people and up to 4 cars per campsite.

Rides (like Yogi mentioned) are available on the Ride Board. Check the home page (http://www.siechert.org/adz/) but it is still a little early to be posting. Keep in mind that a couple weeks before the event, many more rides will become available, a lot of hikers will be hooking up with them, and most everyone who wants to be will be somehow transported to the Kickoff. Pay attention to the ride board. And, everyone will make it back (somehow via a ride) to their exit point after the Kickoff.. The angels are incredible, put some faith into asking what you need at Kickoff and I'm sure it will be delivered.