[pct-l] Insulation layer

Jason Moores jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 23:57:55 CST 2011

Hey Erin,

The Nano held up well in light rain and flurries but for sustained
percipitation I also carried a 6.7oz Equinox Gazelle Anorak($70) which I
love. I have found that you get soaked in sweat no matter the brand, fabric
or price of a rain jacket so I look for something that will vent well. The
Equinox is made of sil nylon which isn't the most breathable fab. by far but
with a back panel, pit vents, half zip, 9in. pocket zip, and 8.5in. hip zips
it breathed better than my Mountain Hardware Cohision which weighed and cost
almost twice as much. Also, the side zips allowed the jacket to drape in the
back and front on either side of my hipbelt which was great.

The Nano dried in minutes when I'd lay it out in the sun.

Jackass