[pct-l] CHD

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 21:05:29 CST 2011

Dear Shroomer

You are too talkative or made too much writing.

Compulsive Hiking Disorder ( CHD ) is a new diagnostic category, so I
simply disclose my thinking.

// Symptoms

They are occupied by the obsessive thinking of hiking or hiking
related equipments, events, etc.  When they were prohibited to hike,
they tend to indulge daydream of hiking, or they develop a syndrome of
 flashbacks of hiking. So, it is very difficult to sustain their
strong hiking drive.

//Major complaints

They frequently fuss about when they missed the free beer, the free
Hamburger, the free BBQ, etc.  Then the more social welfare is needed,
for example, the trail angels, especially the free beer angels.

// interpersonal relation

The interpersonal relation  is quite good among the CHD patients, but
the interpersonal relation among another patients is unknown.

The mental disorders of human kind are divided into two major
category: The representative disorder is CHD, and another disorder is
called the Couch Potato Disorder(CPD). The recent handbook of DSM-IV
only described the subdivision of CPD. So, much is left unknown about
CHD.

// Treatment

Their prognoses are poor, because CHD might be caused by the strong
genes.  The patients, who got CHD in their young age, tend to develop
more serious syndrome. The patients, who got CHD in old age, tend to
develop more mild syndrome.

There is no established treatment technique. But, there is a
possibility to treat CHD, because the compulsive drive can be
suppressed by the strong physical activity.

The treatment technique is :

for Ultra Light Hiker:  The patients should hike more swiftly, with
more simple, more light equipments. Then the physical stress will be
maximized.
for Heavy Trucker:  The patients should hike moderate speed, with
more load, more complex equipments. Then the physical stress will be
maximized.

Of course, need very long term treatment is needed.  It may be a
6,000,000 step or more program.

Sorry, my patients, the trail head of JMT Hospital is full. I am not
sure I can fly to USA in August. But, I will try my best.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami )