[pct-l] Thru Permit

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 18:31:05 CST 2011

If you haven't gotten your permit by Kickoff, the PCTA has a booth there,
and will issue you one on the spot.  I started as a section hiker thinking I
was only going to do the deserts and High Sierra.  After one week on trail I
knew I wasn't going home until I'd thru hiked the darn thing as I was having
a ball.  I showed the PCTA person the first permit good through Tahoe, and
she issues me a new one, and I carried both all summer.  That was .02 gms
extra, but the first was a memento of life before becoming a CHD patient.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about it.

Shroomer