[pct-l] Tent

Gary Schenk gwschenk at socal.rr.com
Thu Feb 10 11:05:16 CST 2011

On 2/7/2011 9:06 AM, Patrick Chaiken wrote:
> I am looking into tents for a PCT hike next year, and i have researched
> several different types of tents and i am leaning towards the Big Agnes fly
> creek UL2 tent. I will be hiking with my girlfriend, and we need to look
> into something that works for 2. It weighs in at only 2 pounds 2 ounces.
> Has anyone had experience with this tent? or have other suggestions that
> would work well for 2???
>
> Thanks for your help!

My girlfriend and I use a Big Agnes Seedhouse 2. We've used it not only
on the PCT but also in the Sierra backcountry. It's stood up to some
heavy weather on more than one occasion. At the base of Mt. Lyell a
windstorm bent one pole, but the tent stayed up. On Sunrise Highway it
withstood some heavy winds that collapsed tarp tents and forced a couple
of hikers to sleep in a pit toilet!

We like it, it's light, fairly durable and no condensation problems.

Hopefully some of this applies to the Fly Creek!

Gary