[pct-l] Half Mile's maps

neil p. neildpetersen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 23:59:00 CST 2011

just a heads up-yeah it may end up being cheaper/easier for everyone to
order there own. here is the message half mile just sent me:

Neil,
FYI...
Back on 1/6/2010 LazerQuick quoted me $75 ea for 1; $66 ea for 10;
$55.50 ea for 20. That included "setting up for UPS Ground Shipping
but does not include the cost of shipping".

That quote was for 443 pages of printing. The 2011 maps now contain
473 pages, although 15 of the pages are blanks inserted in the file so
that each PCT section begins on a new page. The extra pages might
effect the cost, as might boxing the maps for multiple shipments.

Just passing on this info in hopes it helps you negotiate a good deal
for you and the other hikers. If I can help with anything let me know.

-Halfmile

so again I will keep everyone posted once i hear from lazerquick and
hopefully it will be worth the extra complication to get the group discount.
-neil