[pct-l] MRE's

david genny bobbers530 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 17:13:38 CST 2011

I've heard alot of bad talk about mre's, but if you can get your hands on a pack of military mre's instead of civilian ones I think they are a great choice, one box cost me only $50 and its at least 3 months worth of food, and i didnt weigh the mre's but i can tell you for all the food a military one has in it the weight seems little to nothing to me, i dont suggest using them on ur entire hike by any means; just from experience if all youre eating is mre's it doesnt matter whats in them they are the same nasty crap to you and variety i hear is key on the trail,  but I will be carrying at least 3 days of mre's with me at all times this year up until Washington probably, they are just fast and easy, and if its not all u are eating they can be the best meals u have.\

-no trail name