[pct-l] Meals Ready to Eat. Or MRE's

Gerry Zamora gerry0625 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 13:36:00 CST 2011

I have alot of friends in the military and I have been talking to them about
my hike they all recommend MRE's as my food source as they provide around
3500cal at a couple of ounces per meal.  Best part u need no stove as each
meal comes with a heating source.  U can prep your MRE set up camp and your
hot dinner is ready.  I have been warned to stick to select few meal choices
as some are just wrong as others are good and packed with cal.
Just wondering if anyone has tried this method?  I think I would still bring
a stove just for hot coffee or tea and to boil water just in case.  But
overall with some granola to snack on thru out the day and candy.  Not sure
about the cost of MRE's yet.
Gerry0625