[pct-l] Water, bear canisters, stoves/fuel

Mike Chapman altathunder76 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 11:29:22 CST 2011

I didnt mean to limit my responce to "Donner Summit"
                   California has a HUGE population of bears. There
would be more bear boxes all over,but would you like to walk down the
trail and see trees or big metal boxes? No need to answer. Its
actually harder to find them in the higher country,because just like
us,theres not enough food to support there eating habits up there. So
in turn they end up in alot of backyards(in homes,dumpsters) in the
lower sierra and the foothill regions,and in the past 30 years they
have started showing up in citys,looking for food. Take a close look
at the trees around you on the trail,signs of bears are all
around(look high). So the point im trying to make is,theres bears in
cali,and lots of them. I dont mean to come off as a know it all,I
thought I knew it all at 18,and 16 years later im still learning
everyday(thank God,because I forget everyday as well). And if it helps
one person be more aware,then my words meant something. Hike On.