[pct-l] Sunglasses ... cheapos Vs brands ...

Jason Moores jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 01:16:26 CST 2011

Outpost,

I was given a pair of Maui Jim's by my boss while working at a fly-fishing
lodge on the Colorado. Somehow I have been able to hold on to them for over
5 years and this will be their 6th summer. Without a doubt the clarity of
the Jim's is superior to $20 shades. When I do finally loose them I'm not
sure if I would spend this kind of cash for a new pair. The ones that I was
given cost over $350 back in the day. It could be that the reason that I've
been able to hold on to them for this long is that I know what it wold cost
to replace. The only time on the trail that I take them off my neck is when
I'm in bed.

Last year we hiked most of the Sierra with Tohmer who lost his 12th pair of
cheap shades the night before Muir Pass. He wasn't concerned, he had two
more pair in his pack.

Jackass