[pct-l] Kick Off

Ken Marlow pcthiker at cox.net
Thu Feb 3 23:09:22 CST 2011

Hey Lost & Found, hope this clarifies:

You wouldn't be able to reserve a night through the County of San Diego, Parks and Rec site,  that ADZPCTKO has purchased, for the Kick-off weekend.  Event organizers buy the entire campground AND handle the site reservations during those event dates (If you choose Lake Morena in the County's Campground Reservation System and put in the dates of the Kick-off, you'll see that the campsites are sold-out/in red. I didn't look into the cabin situation though). If you put in the day before, you'll see a handfull of sites currently available, two days prior, looking real good, at the moment. I imagine its the same for after the event. You'ld make your reservation through the County Parks & Rec for dates before or after the Kick-off.

Hope this helps. I'm kinda cursed. I used to be a ranger for S.D. County Parks. Still with the County, not with Parks, can't shake the ranger out of me. Sorry gang. Some memories of Lake Morena, not many fond ones.

Jim / Pita brought-up a good point about Boulder Oaks Campgound, yes closed for camping during Arroyo Toad breeding season / kick-off time. Water could be back on there now for  all I know. I believe it was due to treatment / passing needs for common cryptosporidium.

Cibett's Flat Campground...that's a neat one! (Cleveland National Forest).

-Ken M.