[pct-l] helping out

Douglas P. Bouche dpbouche at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 3 13:33:51 CST 2011

The issue isn't hiking to third gate, it is hiking beyond third gate, as you
still have another 10+ miles to go from that point to barrel springs.  The
PCT route from scissors crossing to the third gate is about 13 miles or so,
which would make the total PCT length about 23 miles between these two
points (scissors crossing and barrel springs).  A long way to go in desert
country without a water supply.

Doug