[pct-l] helping out

Jason Moores jmmoores1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 00:47:52 CST 2011

Ben,

I believe that your help would be appreciated along the road walk around the
"Station" fire closure. It's a long, hot and dry stretch. You could set up
around Little Rock and cruise the highway, showering grumpy hikers with
Magic. Or you could contact Donna Saufley in Agua Dulce, she can always use
a hand as the herd passes through. The wildest place in the area that your
help would likely be appreciated is at Casa de Luna. As Patti pointed out,
Terrie and Joe could really use a hand wrangling hikers and filling their 2
or is it 3 water caches.

Gerry,

Pioneer Mail Trail Picnic Area on Mount Laguna comes to mind. The water
source there is questionable and the local woman who does drop water off
there usually only leaves a few gallons. I think that most hikers stop here
for a break in the shade and might be a fun place to be during the first
weeks of May. Or you could set up at Pines-to-Palms Highway. The water
caches on the north side of the road seem to be maintained sporadicly. With
the reopening of Paradise Cafe lots of hikers will walk the mile for food
and water, but many would benefit from not having to make the walk(but who
can pass up good food while on the trail?) Also, the cache under the I-10
could use some love. The need for a cache here is questionable but since
most hikers take advantage of the only shade for perhaps 10 miles, water
here would be nice.

Jackass