[pct-l] Videos for learning Ice axe techniques

Mike Schaeffer chiefrat2006 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 07:51:32 CST 2011

I was asking myself that same question yesterday.  Since it's been over 30 years
since I've used an ice axe, I thought I needed to relearn the skills taught to
us by RMI for our Rainier summit climb.

Google sent me to the same video.  Luckily not all of the Midwest is flat and I
have a place to practice.  I'm anxious to try it again.  Maybe next week, I'll
drive separately and arrive early for our Wed. night snowshoe outing and
practice self arresting before the rest of the gang shows up.

Mike Schaeffer
AT '78
PCT '11