[pct-l] Thunder Storms

Timothy Nye timpnye at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 17:59:32 CST 2011

It looked to have a pretty low ceiling which raises the concerns expressed
about such a shelter's safety with respect to lightning strikes.  But then
again, it seemed to me at the time that it was likely that the space
underneath has filled in with organic debris over the intervening years.

The trail at that time was pretty well littered with artfacts that hadn't
been noticed by the casual passerby.  There wasn't a day that went by that I
didn't see something.  Especially at choke points for game trails or by
river crossings; there was an arrowhead lying on the trail at Virginia
Pass.  I've seen several cutters up in the area of Lake (Resevoir) Aloha in
Desolation. Usually. there's primarly spoilings from knapping on site, but
much larger pieces as well.  None of this is native and can be ascribed to
particular obsidian sites from which it was principally obtained through
trade.  It really is pretty interesting.

All of these artifacts are protected and should be left in situ if found.