[pct-l] Giardia question

Hernandez hernand at magicriver.net
Sat Dec 31 16:02:58 CST 2011

Drink bottled water or soft drinks, and never, never eat or drink anything
with ice in it, iced tea, drinks "on the rocks," popsicles, or anything
else. If you're stuck without bottled water, boil your water or use some
sort of water purifier. NO exceptions.

Eat where the locals eat and avoid salads (they're washed and irrigated with
water, after all, and may carry nasties). Don't drink raw milk.  My son made
that mistake (wanted to please Grandma) and came back with a positive TB
test (it's bovine TB, and humans can't catch it, but the State insisted that
he take meds for a year. Those meds can cause serious liver problems.)
Besides, your test stays positive!

Moonbeam