[pct-l] Giardia questions

Gail Francis gailmfrancis at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 12:15:12 CST 2011

Hi,
I was in Colombia a couple months ago and seem to have picked up some giardia or something similar. Since I have a huge deductible for my health insurance, I had been planning to just let it run its course. (I had another intestinal buddy like giardia about ten years ago after a messy stint on the Appalachian Trail and it took a couple months but it did clear up on its own.) However, just this morning it occurred to me that if I don't get it treated I could be introducing it wherever I shit when I'm on the PCT or other hikes. Of course, I always dig a cat hole, but that's hardly perfect and sometimes the circumstances are such that digging a decent hole is scarcely possible. So, does anyone know how long after symptoms clear up my shit might still contain creepy crawlies? Thanks!
gmf

---
http://gmfranci.wordpress.com/