[pct-l] Test Hikes...Three times the charm......

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Thu Dec 29 12:08:20 CST 2011

I would also consider having different gear for the Sierra than for
SoCal, at least in terms of clothing, and maybe shelter and sleeping
bag.

I know in 95, a heavy snow year, I froze my @ss off from Whitney to
Mammoth, where I purchased more clothing. If I could have picked up a
warmer sleeping bag, I would have done that too (nothing in the
outfitters would work for me.) North of Lassen, I would have switched
back to my So-Cal gear.

Sending stuff to KM (south) would be a good option. That is also a
good place to send you Ice Axe after fuller ridge.

It would be good to test out both sets of gear :-)

YMMV