[pct-l] Number 1 Recommendation for Noob Thru Hikers-Hip Pack Pct-L Digest, Vol 48, Issue 31

Heather Darnell mom_and_alex at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 11:22:42 CST 2011

MendoRider - Yes - this is exactly what I have ben doing. I too have arthiritis in neck, spine and hip. Not yet a thru-hiker, but on every backpack trip I have put some essentials into my "waist wallet" (that also has a water-bottle pouch.)  This is also especially ideal for me for restroom stops - my pack stays with someone on trail, and the necessities are easier to manage from the front pack when I want them ;)