[pct-l] Weight loss on the trail

Emily Mathews emmat at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 24 16:02:43 CST 2011

Hi Bruno,
  My daughter and I thru hiked the PCT this year .. I am 55 and she is 21 - and she is a vegetarian (I am not).  I lost *30* lbs and she lost .. 0, that's right, nada.  I've gained back 15 already .. and would like to keep it there .. but that is another subject entirely :(

Another anecdotal story .. my husband and then 17 year old son rode their bikes across the country and my husband lost 25 lbs and my son (also vegetarian) lost nothing.

Maybe we had more to loose (well, definitely)  ..

Half Step