[pct-l] Black Diamond FlickLock Poles

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Wed Dec 21 13:24:08 CST 2011

We have tested many pole designs over the years and the cam lock mechanism
is the best so far. We have been using the BD poles (Whippet and Traverse)
for a few years along the PCT/JMT from January thru July on-snow and have
never had a slip during a crucial, emergency pole-plant!

Regarding Desolation's lack of snow thus far--don't worry, it's coming! Last
year we had lots of snow in November and December and then none in January.
So, this year is the opposite...

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education