[pct-l] IPhone silliness

Michiel Duvekot michiel at duvekot.ca
Wed Dec 21 10:36:37 CST 2011

 I use a PowerFilm Solar USB + AA Solar Charger from http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/. It takes +/- 1 hour to charge an iPhone. Full batteries give about two iPhone charges via USB. To charge the batteries can take about 6 hours if you're not positioning the solar cells directly towards the sun or if t sky is overcast. Manufacturer claims it can charge two AAs in 4 hrs. I carry extra Eneloop rechargeable AAs (the same as the two that ship with the charger), so that I can still charge the iPhone even when there's no sun.