[pct-l] Laguna Mountain Lodge

Sam Griffin samgriffin4 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:00:15 CST 2011

Hello Jerry,

I stayed two nights at the Lodge this past season. I really didn't want to,
seeing as it was day 3, but my feet were destroyed, so I split a room with
Lion King one night and with a hiker named Brian the next (never saw Brian
again, interestingly...) to let my blisters heal/the swelling go down.

My experience was great! Really nice people here, they even set me up with
a bucket and some Epsom salt to soak my battered feet. If you're with some
other hikers the price really isn't too bad, though there is a camp ground
5 miles or so up the trail that you can venture to after several burritos
at the store (water wasn't on at the camp ground, push a little farther to
the Pioneer Mail Picnic Area for a little chache). So, if you don't end up
staying here, at least stop in to sign the register/eat some ice cream and
burritos!

Rattler