[pct-l] horses

James Vesely JVesely at edmsupply.com
Mon Dec 19 08:24:53 CST 2011

Geeez, what's wrong with this guy!  I never said anything about FREE!
And I don't see anything elitist or arrogant about having a little
respect for and being courteous to each other!

It is obvious from the posts that a lot of hikers are a little miffed
about horses and their rider's attitudes on the trail.   No one is
insinuating that we should eliminate horses but rather that we should
have a better understanding on how one affects the other and show a
little respect, it goes both ways.

I also thing that if horse people (packers) would show a little good
will toward hikers by carrying food drops for reasonable fees hikers
would quickly become ecstatic about horses sharing the trail or at least
see them as more of a benefactor then nuisance.    And I think it goes
without saying that no one here is talking about pack animals used for
trail maintenance but rather commercial pack operations, hunters or
horses used for pleasure.