[pct-l] Dogs in National Parks/horses/mules/llamas

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:35:07 CST 2011

I actually enjoy having horses on the trail.  Love running into them.
As far as horse poop -- I believe the horse folks need to practice Leave No
Trace.  For me this means removing horse poop from trails, near water
sources, and from camping areas.  I don't want to know how many horses are
just ahead of me, or where riding here a few days ago.

I have noticed that most of the horse poop on the PCT is within a short
distance of trailheads - this makes sense to me as most horses on the trail
are usually out for a few hour trail ride.

I have met riders on the PCT that do stop when thier horse poops and remove
it from the trail (kick it off scattered to the brush).  This isn't very
common though.

Day-Late