[pct-l] Logging on the PCT

shon mcganty smcganty at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 13:40:24 CST 2011

I don't see it.  Do you mean the white areas?  The white areas on the USGS maps is land with no commercially harvestable timber, which includes meadows and gullys of vine maple, or slopes with soil too poor for trees ect.  I've never seen a white area on a USGS map to represent logging, since logged land is re-planted, will grow up into a new forest.  Right?  Or am I wrong?