[pct-l] 2 person tent under 3lbs

AnutherRick Donahue anutherrick at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:34:18 CST 2011

My wife and I also bought the Cloudburst 2  about 3 years ago - seems to
be a common couples tent. It's been on two JMT hikes and numerous few
day hikes. Only issue we've had is with the zipper not working on one side.
Being lazy I haven't fixed it since the zipper from the other side still
works.

We love the tent. It's lightweight, very roomy where you need it, and it's
so
easy to set up - two poles and three stakes. I love the symmetry of the
design.
We have had some condensation issues in Fall on the JMT when it got cold.
It only has the one large opening. We couldn't seem to get enough venting to
prevent ice from forming on the ceiling and then dripping down in the
morning.
Guess that's the compromise one makes when getting a lightweight single wall
tent. The tent sets up so quickly that it's easy to set up at lunch to dry
out.

As far as Tarptent service I have nothing but good things to say about
Henry.
We live nearby. On a trip to his house to look at his models he had them all
set up in his yard and went thru the takedown and setup of each. From my
own experience and what I've read on this list I would conclude that your
experience is very unusual.

--Rick