[pct-l] hiking with dog

Charles Williams charlesnolie at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 19:15:15 CST 2011

--- On Wed, 12/14/11, Charles Williams <charlesnolie at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Charles Williams <charlesnolie at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] hiking with dog
To: "Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes" <diane at santabarbarahikes.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 5:12 PM

Yes, those were the days.  I've never been fitter than I was at the end of my thru-hike.  That was 130 lbs ago. Now it's big pants and bigger dreams...same trail, same distance, by horseback!

I remember feeling invincible.  And the shocked looks on people that said "do you know where you are?" when I was a few days from Canada.  Meeting the "newbies" with their surprised looks was almost funner than meeting a south-bounder.  "Oh, you'll never make it, there's too much _______!  (enter your favorite trail obsticle here)

And the backcountry ranger that we met in the Sierra..."you skied Glen Pass?!" he asked over and over again (heavy snow year).  Oh what fun.  Some of the best memories

Charles Williams