[pct-l] Achilles Tendon

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Dec 11 13:15:31 CST 2011

Hey Branko,
That is good info.....thanks for sharing.

JMT Reinhold
--------------------------
Branko wrote;

Hey Mark, Reinhold!
A word of caution on non steroidal anti-Inflammatory drugs (NSAID).
Thave been shown to delay and hamper the healing in all the soft
tissues, including muscles, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage.
I'm sure you will find a lot of data on interwebs.
Here is a blogpost from a well respected coach i know.

http://sanfranciscocrossfit.blogspot.com/2009/06/get-off-ibuprofen-peoples.html

Ice is the answer.  If you need pain meds use Tylenol which is not anti-inflammatory.
I haven't have Achilles tendons problems but i did hurt other tendons.
In addition to ice I used large doses of fish oil, i'm not sure if  that added to
healing, but it's anti-inflammatory.  I think the rest is important at the beginning
but in my case aggressive mobility workouts with injured tendon made it heal faster.
A good physiotherapist my help a lot.

And, yeah, listen to your doc...
Hope that helps!
Branko