[pct-l] 78%, er, 50% hike Cascade Locks to White Pass - skip Trout Lake

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Dec 2 19:02:27 CST 2011

On Dec 2, 2011, at 10:00 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> It simply means 50% of all hikers 'intend' to go straight to White
> Pass
> from Cascade Locks without any stops.

I think 100% of all hikers intend to do a lot of things and end up
changing their plans. With the exception of Mendorider, I have yet to
meet a long distance hiker who can resist the allure of a hot meal,
especially if it can be had without too much of a detour off the
trail, and sometimes even a big detour isn't a deterrent.