[pct-l] Section Hiking in Winter

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Fri Dec 2 16:25:00 CST 2011

if you hit the weather right, you should be able to do Mex->Pines to
Palms HWY (Hwy 74) - About 150 miles -  without snow on the ground

The weather in the Laguna Mountains is generally cool but nice that
time of year HOWEVER if a storm moves through, the weather there can
really suck with subfreezing temperatures, snow and very high winds.

There is usually only snow coverage 2 weeks or so a year, so it you
hit the timing right it could be a great trip. If you hit it wrong,
don't be foolish - you could die, but at least there are plenty of
places to bail