[pct-l] accessing faq's and archives, budget qustions

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 13:30:15 CDT 2011

I set up a PCT-L archive search tool on planyourhike.com.

You can find it here:  http://planyourhike.com/search/

I know there is a bunch of controversy around the "postholer reformatting
the pct-l into a forum" situation (which I don't have a strong opinion about
either way... just to put that out there).  But this is just a simple
Google-powered search tool that will help people search the archives.

The "official" PCT-L search tool (http://www.backcountry.net/pctsearch.html)
isn't working right now, so I've set up a working one on my site until the
official one gets fixed.

It works better than the Google trick I mentioned earlier (you'll get more
results, and more *recent* results).

If people don't like this, or think it's somehow not ethical then just let
me know.  If I get enough complaints I'll take it down right away.  I'm just
trying to help.  :)

Happy hiking (and planning)

Austin Williams

www.PlanYourHike.com <http://www.planyourhike.com/>
Info on PCT Gear, Resupply Points, Maps, Thru hiking Movies, etc.

>>> www.thenewnomads.com