[pct-l] Andrew Skurka

Mike Jurasius syntectonics at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 09:22:22 CDT 2011

Has anyone on this form read the National Geographic article (Mar 2011) on Andrew Skurka's 4,679 mile circumnavigation of Alaska?  My good neighbors handed me their journal yesterday, know my plans to hike the PCT in 2013. He hiked this distance in 176 days...no trails, freezing conditions, Grizzlies, the typical Alaskan wilderness. According to the article, the trek tested his limits and nearly broke him down. He has a lot of information on UL gear, food, and strategies on his web site. I think his accomplishments can't be compared to Adam Bradley's and Scott Williamson's who hiked the PCT in 65 days...also incredible!  So much to learn from all of them as well as people on this forum!

Mike