[pct-l] Looking for hikers near South Lake Tahoe

Dylan Silver dsilver at tahoedailytribune.com
Wed Aug 10 12:18:39 CDT 2011

Hi All,
I’m working on an article about PCT hikers coming through the Lake Tahoe region for our paper, the Tahoe Daily Tribune. The only problem: I haven’t found any yet. If anyone knows anyone on the trail near Lake Tahoe and can get a hold of them, I’d love to connect. Also, here’s a few questions I thought members of the list could help with. Thanks in advance!

Dylan

What is the Lake Tahoe section of the trail like for PCT-through hikers? Difficult? Easy? Rewarding?
How are the conditions on this section of the trail different this year than previous years?
For anyone who’s hiked this section, what are the best or most memorable parts? Views? Wildlife?

Anything else anyone would like to add about this part of the PCT would be greatly helpful. Thanks again!

Dylan

DYLAN SILVER
Reporter
Tahoe Daily Tribune