[pct-l] Hiking the PCT coming week

Tom Grundy caver456 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 23:36:58 CDT 2011

My sweetie is up hiking that section right now, called earlier today
by cell from the slopes of Thielsen.  Heavy mosquitoes, and a decent
bit of snow causing some slow-down but not much.  Got a call again
tonight: the snow north of Thielsen was 'pretty gnarly' in her words
and maybe more than she wants to be doing, so she's thinking about
changing plans depending on conditions tomorrow.

If anyone knows about conditions in that area - towards Shelter Cover
- and also Mt Hood as she's considering jumping up to Olallie then
continuing northbound if at all possible - please chime in and I'll
relay the info by cell.  Technology... often bad, occasionally real
good... even though lots of folks would consider this 'cheating'.