[pct-l] Food boxes I will not be using

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 21:17:22 CDT 2011

Don't be an idiot. It's a federal offense to knowingly take someone else's
mail, and mis-representing yourself as that person is yet another offense.
You could ruin your trip that way....or someone else's.

If you sent your boxes via Priority or First Class mail, the PO will return
them to the sender for no charge. Simply call the postmaster, tell him/her
that you will not be picking them up and that they should be marked
"delivery refused" and returned to the sender. If they went Parcel Post,
you'll have to pay the shipping fee to get them back.

When hiking with others, each of us always addresses our resupply boxes to
ourselves (as the first name on the "To" line) PLUS the names of the other
hiker(s). That way, your partner(s) can pick up all the boxes at once - very
handy if you're going to get in late  and have to send one person ahead or
one of you has to go do something else fast.

Example:

To Jowe Schmoe or Bill Bets or Joy Brown
C/o General Delivery (or other location)
That town, etc.