[pct-l] Two thru hikers rescued from San Jacintos?

PCT List pctlist at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:19:42 CDT 2011

> Ned promotes awareness, survival skills, knowing your limits, and
> being prepared. I don't think it's fair to even suggest his advice even
> remotely contributed to this situation.

Ned does a fantastic job helping hikers get educated in regard to
early season travel. We are lucky to have him as part of this
community.

He also has been a vocal promoter of March start dates and early entry
into the Sierra. We are all ultimately responsible for our actions.
*My opinion* is that he sometimes overlooks we don't all have his
experience when he makes such public recommendations. There is a
certain responsibility when someone of his vast experience makes such
statements to a larger audience.

Refer to the PCT-L archives for those statements.