[pct-l] kahtoola microspikes vs. kahtoola KTS alum

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 10:08:21 CDT 2011

I used the aluminum KTS cramps almost everyday for 5 weeks over the High
Sierra and beyond, as there was so much snow last year.  Conditions were
cold, and not once did I have a problem with balling up of snow underneath.
 If the snow was soft enough to do that, I just took them off.  In really
soft snow you don't need traction devices in most cases.  On hard snow and
ice, they were fabulous.  Little Engine also used them and loved them.  They
gave really secure footing for tennis shoes over weeks and weeks of snow.
 One of my favorite pieces of gear last year.  Either those or the
microspikes are just fine for spring conditions.

Shroomer